GDPR Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by Assystem UK Ltd.
Assystem UK Ltd (“Assystem”) of Club Street, Bamber Bridge, Preston, Lancashire PR5 6FN is the Data Controller.
We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with all applicable data protection laws in force from time to time.
The information we collect
The information about you we may collect, hold and process is set out below:
(A) Information collected and processed for finding you a suitable role is as follows:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- CV/employment history
- Job preferences including role, salary and other aspects
- Qualifications, education and training
- Date of birth
(B) Information in respect to individuals that have worked for us previously or may work for us is as follows:
- Driving licence
- National insurance number
- Job offers and placements
- Criminal record check results (where applicable for security clearance)
- Security clearance levels
- Medical information (where applicable for the role/customer)
- Financial information e.g. Payroll information, bank account details etc. HMRC data
- A Log of communications
1. How we collect information
This information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you or a third party who we work with, such as a Job Board Company or another employment business or agency. In the case of references, these will be from your previous employer/client. Medical information may be supplied by a third party such as your GP, consultant or Occupational Health. The outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance checks, where relevant, will be supplied by the Disclosure and Barring Service or other external company applicable to the placement
2. How we use the information
The above information is used to provide our services to you in our capacity as an employment business / agency to find you suitable work whether on a temporary or permanent basis based on your requirements as set out below.
Or it may be used to maintain our business relationship, where you are our client/prospective client.
The information under (A) above may be used as follows:
- To match your skill sets with job vacancies to assist in finding you the positions that most suit you
- To put forward your details to our clients and prospective employers for you to be considered for vacancies
- To answer your queries
- To place you with our clients and prospective employers
- To keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise
- To keep you informed of the services offered by us
- To fulfil contractual obligation with our clients
The information under (B) above may be used as follows:
- To establish that you have the right to work
- To undertake relevant security and criminal record checks as required by our clients and prospective employers and as permitted by law
- To deal with any medical and health and safety issues relating to certain positions
- To put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a role has been secured
- To pay you if placed
3. How we hold the information
All the personal data we have is stored within the UK and where possible held in a secure digital format. All data is stored in line with our IT policy. Steps taken to keep your data safe can include and are not limited to: Data minimisation, Anonymisation, Transparency with data subjects, Multi-factor authentication, Retention limitations, Limited access, Opt-out options and Encryption.
4. Who might we share your information with?
Your CV and related information will be shared or sent to prospective employers and our clients. Once you have secured a placement, additional information will be provided to them to enable the placement to proceed. Such employers and clients will usually be located inside the European Economic Area (EEA) but may be outside of the EEA. We will notify you in the event we wish to transfer your data in order to explore job opportunities for you outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and we will give you the opportunity to withhold your consent to such transfer.
We may also share your information with Assystem Group subsidiary companies, for the purpose of finding you a suitable role.
Other trusted third parties that we may share your data with are as follows: HM Revenue and Customs, pension scheme providers, legal and professional advisors, third party sources to verify the details you have provided, other companies for the purpose of undertaking pre engagement checks for the role or for paying you, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, companies and other persons that provide services to Assystem. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Assystem.
If Assystem or its business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and if this happens, you will be sent notice of such event.
We may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law.
We might share your information with a third party in an emergency or otherwise to protect your vital interests.
5. What is the legal basis for processing the information?
In the first instance, we may use legitimate Interest in order to establish contact with you in order to provide our services as an employment business / agency. As part of our recruitment process, we will then seek your consent in order to retain and process any information which is collected during the recruitment process.
Information and documentation to establish your right to work is processed by us as we are legally obliged to do so.
In respect of medical information, the basis for us processing this will depend on the circumstances, but will usually be for one of the following reasons: it is necessary to protect health and safety or to prevent discrimination on the grounds of disability or where consent has been obtained, if required.
Information in relation to criminal record checks, which are relevant for some roles, will be processed on the basis that it is necessary for us to comply with the law or consent will be obtained, if required.
Once a position has been found for you, we will process your personal data, including financial information, for the purpose of you entering into a contract to fulfil your role and to enable us to pay you, depending on the specific contractual arrangements and circumstances.
For the purposes of paying you, where relevant, we are legally obliged to provide information to HMRC.
We may also process your data on the basis of our legitimate interests i.e. for good governance , accounting and management purposes and once a placement has been secured, for administrative purposes.
6. What are your rights?
You currently have the right at any time to ask for a copy of the information about you that we hold. In addition you also have the following rights:
- The right to object to processing of your personal data
- The right to restrict processing of personal data
- The right to have your personal data erased (“right to be forgotten”)
- The right to correction, should you data be incorrect.
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data.
To enforce any of any you rights, please make a formal request to our Data Protection Officer.
7. How long will we retain your data?
Your personal and sensitive data will be retained for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with all legal and legislative requirements. The current data retention periods for Assystem are as follows:
- Current and previous Employees / Workers
Data will be retained for a period no longer than 10 years, starting from their last day of employment or end of contract.
- Current and previous Job Seekers
Data will be retained for a period, no longer than 5 years, starting from the date of the last CV update / submission you provided to Assystem.
- All other data
Data which is not covered in any of the above categories will be removed after 12 months from date of entry.
8. How do you withdraw your consent?
If you have provided us with your consent to process your data, for the purpose of using our services and us finding you suitable work, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. In order to do so you should contact our Data Protection Officer.
9. What if you have concerns?
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance by emailing our company Data Protection Officer OR directly to Information Commissioners Office.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to
Data Protection Controller:
Assystem UK Ltd
D2 Yeoman Gate
West Sussex BN13 3QZ
11.Changes to the Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be changed by us at any time.